Hourly rate: £120 to £225 plus vat per hour
On average, this type of work takes between 3 and 6 hours to complete. On average, costs are between:
- £360 to £720; and
- £675 to £1,350 depending on the seniority of the solicitor dealing with the application.
The seniority of the solicitor that deals with your application will depend on how complex it is. If a more junior solicitor takes your case, there will likely be an additional element of supervision time (1 to 2 hours), which will cost around £250 to £500. All figures exclude VAT, which we’ll charge on top of our fees at 20%.
The exact number of hours your application will take depends on your circumstances:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants.
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
Our work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail, confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options you have ( a phonecall or meeting, lasting no more than 1 hour)
- advising you on the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- if you don’t fulfil certain criteria, whether and how you can overcome this(2 hours)
- considering your supporting evidence (1 to 2 hours*)
- where necessary, advising you on what further evidence (like medical records and bank statements), you need
- reviewing your application before you submit it (2 hours).
We won’t submit the application on your behalf
- advising you on your application’s outcome and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing, and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
The costs quoted here don’t include:
- Disbursements – which are costs related to your application that are payable to third parties, like visa application fees, interpreters’ fees etc. We will give a precise quote of disbursements as and when we receive them.
- Travel costs, if you’d like us to attend meetings away from our office.
- Any Home Office fees for making the application, which you’ll pay directly as part of the process.
- Advice and assistance with any appeal if the Home Office refuse your application.
We can’t guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
You’ll normally be able to submit your application within 2 weeks of you instructing us, but will let you know as soon as possible if it’s likely to take longer.
We’ve estimated our anticipated number of hours and fees based on the facts above. All applications will vary and we’ll be able to give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your case.
We have a number of lawyers in our employment team who have experience in business immigration work. Richard Thomas leads the Employment & Immigration team.
The team consists of:
- Jennifer Pinder | Associate | PQE: 8 years
- Alex Christen | Associate | PQE: 7 years
- Angharad Aspinall | Solicitor | PQE: 2 years
- Alice Williams | Solicitor | PQE: NQ
For more information, including examples of our work, please visit the Employment & Immigration service page. Please contact us if you need any more information.